The Centre for Excellence in Medicinal Plants and Nanotechnology has been setup in Sir J. C. Bose Technical Campus, Bhimtal, (Kumaun University Nainital). The Centre would be function as a nodal centre for research and extension activities on medicinal plants. Though in its cradle, the centre is proposed to undertake the research and academic programs in following thrust areas:-
1. Identifying and determining the therapeutic potential of the Himalayan medicinal plants.
2. Studying the folk medicinal practices and determining their biochemical and pharmaceutical validation of traditional medicinal and folk medicinal products.
3. Determining the standardization proctols for herbal medicinal practices.
4. Identifying biotechnological tools for the propagation, conservation and biomagnifications of therapeutic constituents.
5. Preparation of herbal nanoparticles and herbal nano patches
6. Community participation programs with special reference to commercial scale production of medicinal plants empowering women folk and entrepreneurship development.