The Innovation and Incubation Centre of Kumaun University (KU-IIC) developed under the guidance of the Honorable Vice-Chancellor Prof. N.K. Joshi on 29th June 2020 is a stimulating initiative. The geographical setting of the university provides further stimulus. Kumaun University is situated in the lap of the Himalayas. The Himalayas are known to harbour several life-sustaining resources.
The region has several resources of aesthetic and economic interest that can be harnessed for generating income and employment for millions of people residing in the region.
This cell rose with the motto of THINK-ACT-PROGRESS which signified propelling the students towards novel ideas, establishing appropriate incubators for the student incubates, and brainstorming with the student entrepreneurs to take them closer to their flights of success. KU-IIC supports the development of an idea from its seed-stage to its manifestation into a sustainable business. The goal is to navigate through and present multitude of resources to students, so that it can propel innovation, spur collaboration and help the students to thrive in the community.
The Kumaun University Institution Innovation Council (IIC) strives to motivate the younger generation by honing their passion and by offering constructive criticism. The centre has organised multiple e-webinars and e-seminars to illuminate the path of the younger generation of entrepreneurs. Multiple innovative business proposal events have been organized till date to bring to the fore the latent innovative talents of the students.
• Motivating students to generate innovative ideas.
• Encourage and promote innovative ideas and nurture the potential of the students.
• Guidance with the international, national, and local resources through talks/seminars/conference/workshops.
• Promoting commercialization of technology.
• Facilitate linkages with different segments of society for optimum utilization of resources.
• Empower students to develop entrepreneurship abilities to address significant problems of the region.
• Support students to enable them for startups and self-employment.
|Dr. Sushma Tamta
|Dr. Neelu Lodhiyal
|Dr. Geeta Tewari
|Dr. Mahesh C. Arya
|IPR activity coordinator
|Dr. Chhavi Arya
|Start-up activity Coordinator
|Mr. K.K. Pandey
|Social media coordinator
|Dr. Harsh K. Chauhan
|Dr. Nandan S. Mehra
|Mr. Anubhav Mehra
|Dr. Naveen C. Pandey