The Human Resource Development Centre (formerly Academic Staff College), is India's premier institution for the up-gradation of knowledge and skills of college and university teachers. The UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Kumaun University, Nainital was sanctioned by the UGC, New Delhi on 10th October 2006, constituted by the University on 28th October 2006 and started functioning on 12th February 2007. In addition to conducting Orientation Programmes and Refresher Courses, the Human Resource Development Centre also undertakes a number of innovative extension activities.
Located in a Heritage site UGC-HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital is the only HRDC in Uttarakhand state amongst the 66 HRDCs in India. It is one of the 12 beneficiary HRDCs in the country under RUSA. Under its vision HRDC Nainital has done MoUs with various organizations for academic excellence in higher education. Journal of UGC-HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital QUEST is an interdisciplinary registered, peer-reviewed research journal. Quest is online at IndianJournals.com, it is published biannually both in Hindi and English. Quest was the first online research journal in Uttarakhand.
The UGC-HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital is trying to keep pace with the continuous flow of information and knowledge. Efforts are also being made to update the knowledge base and outlook of the teachers as per contemporary requirements. UGC-HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital is continuously trying to seek to encourage the academic environment for promotion of teaching and research in higher education institutions by keeping teachers updated with the latest developments in key areas of information and knowledge.
The UGC-HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital has, since its inception achieved high standards of excellence in its working, based on team work of a small but committed, dedicated and competent group of teaching and non-teaching staff. The efforts made by the staff college are academically and socially relevant. In this globalize era teachers are given to higher learning and their being an equipped with excellent academic standards and pedagogical tools.
Best practices of HRDC :
1. Introduced flexibility in the objective test assignment to cater to the need of the participants, e.g. group project activity to foster team work potential group discussions to inculcate sensitivity towards current burning issues of India, Book Review and Film Reviews are also conducted under assignments for participants.
2. Provide training in soft skills for professional development, academic leadership and, career advancement.
3. A system of multi-cornered feedback in order to know about the impact of various programmes and the responses of various participants and resource persons. As a result of this feedback, several new practices have been introduced.
4. The HRDC pursues its vision of excellence in higher education by ensuring quality of resource persons, and ensuring that they adopt updated teaching modes and aids, and also take sessions in an interactive mode. Continuous written and verbal feedback is obtained from the participants and resource persons especially through a detailed feedback form.
5. Based on need assessment of a given group of participants the course design which is kept flexible is often modified and resource persons/lectures altered during the course duration. Thus feedback is a continuous process to which the HRDC team is very vigilant and sensitive.
6. Several new facilities have been provided in the HRDC such as provision of basic medical centre located in the hostel premises, augmentation of sports facilities such as new badminton court, provision of increased number of drinking water ROs, meditation centre, rain shed to facilitate movement between different buildings.
7. Wide range of extension activities: hosting of National Seminars, research studies & surveys, and creation of a Think Tank and UPSA for conducting more academic exercises.
8. HRDC Campus, Hostel, Guest House all equipped with CCTV Cameras for close monitoring of participants.
Courses offered :
1. Orientation Programmes/“Guru Dakshta” (Faculty Induction Programme).
2. Refresher Courses
3. Short Term Courses
5. Academic Leadership Program for Academicians
6. Workshop for Academic Administrators
7. Professional Development Programme
Name : Dr. Divya U. Joshi
Phone : +91-9411102340
Email : email@example.com
|S.No.||Name of Faculty Member||Designation||Specialization||Email id / Phone||Photograph||Academic Profile|
|2||Dr. Divya U. Joshi||Professor/Director Incharge||Gender Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org / 9411102340||View profile|
|3||Dr. Reetesh sah||Assistant Professor/ Assistant Director||Historyemail@example.com / 9412086515||View profile|